Monday, September 7, 2015

First Blog Post


Hello!  Thanks for stopping by!  Let me introduce myself..

My name is Jodi Mills and I’m an elementary school counselor in Utah. I have been a school counselor for nine years and I LOVE my job.  I chose “The School Counselor Is IN” as my blog name because even when I’m NOT at school, I’m always on the lookout for new ideas for lessons to teach.

I decided to start this blog for two reasons.  The first reason is my basement has become the BLACK HOLE!  I have years worth of lessons down there that I foolishly thought having presented the same lesson in 35 classrooms, I would have NO trouble remembering them.  Sadly, I can look at many of the activities and games I’ve made and some of them don’t even look familiar!  It’s like being Dory from Finding Nemo!  So, I’m hoping this blog with pictures and instructions will help me stay on top of things a little better!

The second reason I started this blog is to connect with other school counselors.  Over the years, I have been inspired by so many educational blogs!  I’ve become a better school counselor from ideas and lesson plans I’ve gotten from blogs and Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT).  I have a lot of ideas to share including classroom lesson plans, activities for group and individual counseling, and a lot more! Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Check back often to see what’s new.



No comments:

Post a Comment