Friday, July 15, 2016

A Year of Kindness

Oh My! This summer is flying by! About the middle of July, I start to think ahead to the upcoming school year. One thing I love about being a School Counselor is that EVERY YEAR feels like a fresh start or a new beginning. At the end of each school year, I like to write down things I thought helped make the year run smoothly, and areas that need improvement. Over the last couple of years, I have noticed an increase in problems with kids getting along. Problems seemed to happen more frequently AND last longer. So, I've decided to go back to the basics. I'm planning to focus my 2016-17 school year on KINDNESS.

One way I plan to promote kindness at my school is using these googly eye magnetic clips I found at the Dollar Tree. They are sooo cute!  As I go about my day, if I observe an act of kindness I will take a couple of minutes and fill out a kindness card. After school, I will attach the kindness card with a small treat to the googly eye clip and place it on the students desk. When that particular student shows up for school the next day, it will be a sweet surprise! The googly eye clip can stay on the desk for the day and then I plan to collect the clips after school. That way I can reuse these clips all year. I want to magnify the positive and show that kindness matters.
  If you would like A FREE COPY of these Kindness Cards to use at your school,  CLICK here to download. 

*****I have 2 sets of Googly Eye magnetic clips to GIVEAWAY!  To enter, please comment below how you would use these Googly Eye clips at your school. Two random winners will be selected on Tuesday, August 19th. Don't forget to leave your email address!



No comments:

Post a Comment